Dr. Ahmet Ergin, MD, FACE, CDCES, ECNU, is a leading endocrinologist with a particular interest and passion for diabetic care. Dr. Ergin completed his fellowship training at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
After seeing thousands of patients over the course of his career, he knew he had to branch out and do more. He founded SugarMD to help spread his message of patient care.
Dr. Ergin believes in patient education, pharmaceutical and medical intervention — when necessary — as well as the science behind ancient herbs that are undervalued in today’s “pharma-focused” world. The herbs and vitamins used in all of the SugarMD products are backed by science, research, and studies. SugarMD is focused 100% on purity, potency, and patient outcomes.
Dr. Ergin founded his YouTube channel to provide diabetics with the tools they need to best navigate the world of diabetic healthcare. His goal was to help individuals learn more about diabetes and ways to manage it.
However, Dr. Ergin believed that there wasn’t enough education and knowledge about the disease available to the public. Despite the plethora of information out there, he noticed that no one “put the glue together” in order to truly show individuals how to combat their ongoing battle with the disease.
Dr. Ergin isn’t fond of simply throwing more medications at patients’ conditions in attempts to remedy them. Rather, he wanted to highlight more natural, proven methods with readily available products that individuals were broadly unaware of on the market.
Otter PR initially planned to offer interview and written opportunities for Dr. Ergin in order to create a stream of content for submission to various online medical publications with a focus on diabetic care. This included Dr. Ergin receiving contributor status at online publications, while our team developed an ongoing news engine for media outreach.
Otter PR’s strategy involved the promotion of the following brand messaging key points for both Dr. Ergin’s personal brand as well as the SugarMD brand:
- Dr. Ergin is the number-one endocrinologist-medical expert in diabetic care on social media.
- SugarMD (and, therefore, Dr. Ergin) is the number-one diabetes channel on YouTube that people need to subscribe to for all their diabetic questions, concerns, or other issues.
- Dr. Ergin devotes himself to educating the public about managing their diabetic issues.
- Dr. Ergin propels the medical profession with his medically-proven supplements and vitamins at Sugar MD (which are tools individuals with diabetes could benefit from using).
- Dr. Ergin is an expert in many different areas of diabetic care and has authored two books on the topic — one academic and one for the everyday reader.
Business Impact (results)
As a result of our strategy, Dr. Ergin is now a regular contributor to many online healthcare and diabetes medicine publications that lean on his experience as a subject matter expert. Additionally, since joining Otter PR, Dr. Ergin has seen an increase from roughly 350k subscribers on his YouTube channel to over 411k.